Thursday, April 23, 2009

Latest Commission

While I was in Gulfport, I picked up this commission. This is a 20" x 26" pastel painting. The weather wasn't the best and Olga (the horse), was a little nervous when we did the photo shoot, so I was surprised to discover that we had many really good shots to choose from. It was a tough decision, and I believe it took everyone's vote, but this was the pose they decided on. 

Alexis (the rider), is just a naturally beautiful girl. I think thats why it was so hard to choose from. 

Last weekend I sat out at the Florida Horse Park and had a great show. I didn't really know what to expect, I've never participated in a 3-day event. But even though the economy is still on the skids and crowds were thin, I had one good sale that made my week end. I hope to pick up some commissions along the way, as well.


2 comments:

Sharon Crute said...

I love the pose you've chosen. Horse people will recognize immediately the obvious bonding and trust between these two as the horse affectionately rests his head on top of hers.

Martin Pate said...

Really nice!