Tuesday, December 9, 2008

This year flew!

I can hardly believe it is the end of the year already. This year really flew by. I will be posting some finished commissioned pieces that has been keeping me so busy. I was so fortunate to have been invited to the Buffalo International Horse Show in September in Buffalo, N.Y. where I picked up about 12 commissions, mostly Christmas gifts.

Amazingly, I have had a blast doing these portraits. I say that since a few years ago, I found myself wanting to paint other things, such as landscapes. I still love painting landscapes, but for some reason, I have a real thirst for portrait work all of a sudden.

Since the economy is so slow, I have found that my portrait work has provided a much needed income. I have plans to continue to pursue portrait work and landscapes. I will be actively looking for gallery representation next year for my work.

Here are several of my most recent finished portraits.




2 comments:

Sharon Crute said...

Love the dog with the wind-blown fur...way cool! Glad you're finding enjoyment in the commissions which are gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

The portraits are great! What medium are you using? Glad to know you aren't giving up landscapes