Thursday, January 22, 2009

Goals, goals, goals

It may seem a little late to some of you to be working on the new year's resolutions, which I like to refer to as goals. I tend to take them more seriously and they are work in progress. Goals change and can be updated throughout the year. Personally, I believe 2009 will be another tough year as far as the economy goes, but I believe that all the marketing and hard work I've been doing for the last three years will start to pay off big in 2010. So with that said, I am looking for two very strong galleries, one I believe I have found in Orlando. Until the final details have been completed, I'll keep the gallery to myself. I am reducing the number of outdoor artshows I'll be doing. Although, I will do them every year. So you can count on seeing me there. And this year, I will be marketing heavily online. I've heard a lot of nay-sayers "you can't sell art over the internet", I disagree. So I will be working as much as time allows to expand my collector base and following through the internet. We'll see if I can or can't sell artwork over the internet.

I am very excited about this year.

So far, here are the shows I will be doing this year. I may be adding a few more or deleting one, so sign up for my newsletter on my website to keep totally up-to-date.

Winter Equestrian Festival, Wellington Florida: 1-28 - 2-1
HITS Ocala, Ocala Florida: 2-4 - 2-15
Gulf Coast Winter Classic, Gulfport Mississippi: 2-25 - 3-1
Santa Fe Spring Arts Festival, Gainesville Florida: 3-28 - 3-29
Celebration Arts Festival, Celebration Florida: 4-4 - 4-5
Pony Finals, Lexington Kentucky: 8-5 - 8-9
Ocala Arts Festival, Ocala Florida: 10-24 - 10-25
Disney Festival of the Masters, Downtown Disney Florida: 11-6 - 11-8

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mary- I like thinking of resolutions as goals, less daunting, something to work to attain not just resolve to do.

Laying the groundwork like you have been doing is so important. We working professional artists are really small businesses with the same hurdles as a plumber or grocery store. We must not only produce quality art but we must also market it.

Sounds like you are on your way to another year packed full of show dates, commissions marketing. I can't wait to see where you go from here!

Anonymous said...

Don't see any cycling art work. Have you done anything based on racing photos? Anyway I stumbled across your blog while visiting the area looking for bike rides. I stopped by the shop today. Everyone was shivering and not promising much in the way of rides.
Looking for a ride this weekend (10 Jan)
Wayne pelotonwws@hotmail.com